The Thread Monitor Framework provides high-level APIs for thread monitor framework applications and configures the watchdog timer (WDT) or independent watchdog timer (IWDT). The Thread Monitor Framework uses WDT or IWDT peripherals on the Synergy MCU device.
The Thread Monitor Framework supports the following features:
- The Thread Monitor Framework interface monitors RTOS threads using a watchdog timer. The Thread Monitor forces a watchdog reset of the microcontroller when any of the monitored threads do not behave as expected.
- The Thread Monitor is designed to support any Synergy device with either a WDT or IWDT peripheral, and a HAL module with no changes to the API.
- In profiling mode, the minimum and maximum counter values for registered threads can be determined. When in profiling mode, the watchdog timer is always refreshed and does not reset the device.
- Both the WDT and IWDT HAL modules are supported by this framework module.
The Thread Monitor Framework module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the Thread Monitor Framework module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here
Module Guide Resources
The Thread Monitor Framework module is used in the Services Developer Examples available for the SK-S7G2. You can find a Knowledge Base article that describes the Developer Examples and how to use them here.
- Refer to the most recent release notes for known issues, available here.