The Telnet Protocol (Telnet) is a protocol designed for transferring commands and responses between two nodes on the internet. Telnet is a simple protocol that utilizes reliable Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) services to perform its transfer function. Because of this, Telnet is a highly reliable transfer protocol. Telnet is also one of the most used application protocols.
The NetX Telnet Server module supports the following features:
- The NetX Telnet Server module is compliant with RFC854 and related RFCs.
- Provides high-level APIs to:
- Support multi-thread operation
- Support callbacks for common functions
- New Connection
- Receive Data
- End Connection
- Support some Option negotiation
- Suppress Go Ahead
The NetX Telnet Server module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the NetX Telnet module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here.
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url.
- NetX Telnet Client Module Guide - Application Project here.
- NetX Port Ether Module Guide - Application Project here.
To find out more about the details of operation refer to the NetX Telnet User's Manual, part of the X-Ware Documentation zip file located on the Synergy Gallery here.
- Refer to the SSP release notes for known issues, available here.